Continuum of Recovery provides participants with an overview of the components and principles of the Continuum of Recovery Model. This course focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary to assist individuals in planning, implementing and monitoring their recovery plans. Depending on the circumstances, recovery plans can include harm reduction.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and is appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- The principles of recovery
- The Recovery Management model
- Elements of continuing recovery
- Person-centred screening and assessment
- Application of the Levels of Involvement and Stages of Change to Recovery Management
- Recovery Planning
Fundamentals of Addictions
May 7, 8, 14, 15, 2019 (evening course)