Family Violence and Addiction provides an overview of addiction problems and family violence, their coexistence and the implications for identification and referral.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- Socio-environmental contexts which may make individuals and families vulnerable to experiencing addiction and family violence
- Interrelationship between addictions and violence
- Cycle of Violence and Stages of Change Model
- How the individual and family are affected by addictions and violence
- Issues in identification, referral and treatment
Fundamentals of Addictions (for U of M ACCP students)
March 1 & 2, 2017 This course is now full. Please call 204-944-6260 to be added to the waitlist, thank you.
November 29 & 30, 2016 This course is now full. Please call 1-204-729-3866 to be added to the waitlist, thank you.