The goal of this workshop is to give key VLT site staff the information and skills necessary to assist customers who may be experiencing problems with their gambling.
This workshop is required by Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries and the Manitoba Liquor and Gaming Authority for all VLT site holders in Manitoba.
The objectives of this training are to help participants:
- Understand the key concepts in the VLT – Player Information Booklet
- Understand the responsible gambling features on the VLTs
- Dispel common player myths about gambling with accurate information
- Understand the range of gambling behaviour from recreational gambling to harmful involvement in gambling
- Identify on-site behaviours that may indicate a customer is in difficulty with gambling
- Review and practice a range of strategies that could be used on site to assist customers in difficulty.
Workshops run from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm with an hour break for lunch (latecomers not admitted). You must register at least 1 week before the course date.
To register please contact Lynne Birkett or Dani Hewitt
November 27, 2015
To register please contact Ken Surovy
December 3, 2015
To register please contact Andrea Smelski
December 10, 2015
To register please contact Leslie Allard
November 6, 2015
To register please contact Lannie Bosman-Leptick
October 8, 2015