Understanding Gambling and Gambling Behaviour provides information about gambling behaviour from non-problematic to problematic and how it affects individuals and significant others. Explore various screening and assessment tools and strategies to work with individuals experiencing a problem with gambling.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- An introduction to gambling, gambling concepts and behaviour
- How gambling works
- How gambling can develop from non-problematic to problematic and an awareness of the psychology of gambling
- Issues and the impact of problem gambling on significant others
- Various screening and assessment tools
- Gain knowledge of strategies to manage problem gambling
Fundamentals of Addictions