Youth, Substance use and Gambling provides participants with an understanding of the issues and best practices pertaining to youth substance use and gambling, as well as the best practices when working with youth around prevention and early intervention.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- Prevalence and current trends
- Adolescent development
- Risk factors and protective factors
- Prevention and early intervention
- Collaborating with other systems
- Issues, challenges, and special considerations
- Identifying and responding effectively to concerns
Fundamentals of Addictions
COURSE RELOCATION – YOUTH SUBSTANCE USE AND GAMBLING OCTOBER 23, 24, 2019
The Youth Substance Use and Gambling course on October 23, 24, 2019 will be relocated to the Dakota Community Centre – 1188 Dakota St.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
October 23, 24, 2019
March 18, 19, 2020