FULL TIME PERMANENT COOK 2
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
Eaglewood Addictions Centre
90 Princeton Drive
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the In-House Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for preparing and cooking meals for clients at Eaglewood Addictions Centre in Thompson. This position requires a commitment to a client-centered philosophy and approach to the development, provision, and support of AFM programs and services. Hours of work will normally be 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position requires the ability to work the occasional weekend.
Cooks will work as members of the team and demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Commitment to fostering a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment for clients.
- Ability to model for clients healthy interpersonal, problem solving, emotional management and daily living skills.
- Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely, and flexible manner.
- Ability to contribute to an effective, positive team environment through an appreciation for an inter-disciplinary approach, solution focused problem solving, and open, direct communication.
- A strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- The ability to consistently provide quality product.
- Adheres to menu plan and recommended food portions.
- Preparing menus and meals for clients with an emphasis on nutrition, freshness, attractiveness and variety.
- Preparing menus and meals for clients with special dietary requirements.
- Preparing the food and supplies budget, ordering supplies and maintaining inventory of food and some household supplies.
- Monitoring food and household expenditures, ensuring adherences to the budget and providing projection on a quarterly basis to Supervisor. inventory control.
- Conducting quality control checks.
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen, ensuring kitchen utensils, equipment and areas used during food preparation are sanitized.
- Adhering to all applicable protocols, regulations and standards.
- Ensures kitchen safety practices by supporting and following established Workplace Safety and Health policies and procedures, documents and communicates all relevant information relating to safety.
- Protecting the health and well-being of staff, clients, visitors and community by following established infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for full confidentiality of client’s information in compliance with The Personal Health Information Act.
- Assisting in the facility operational requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
Qualifications: Graduate of recognized cooking course at the technical or community college level and or/or a suitable combination of education and experience with a minimum 2 years’ experience in quality cooking. Must be physically capable of performing duties assigned including the ability to lift and carry weights of up to 40 lbs. Thorough knowledge and understanding of food service sanitation standards including personal hygiene, and kitchen safety practices. Food Handler Certification is required. Candidates should possess strong organizational, interpersonal communication skills and the ability to handle a varied workload. Valid CPR and First Aid certification is an asset. The incumbent must have the ability to deal effectively with staff and clients. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. Knowledge of the addiction field is an asset. Fluency in English (French/Indigenous languages is an asset).
The Competencies for the Cook 2 opportunity are:
- Crisis Intervention
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Planning, Organizing and Cost management
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Client Service Orientation
It is AFM’s practice to request a criminal record check and conduct a child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
From this competition a 6-month eligibility list will be established for term & casual positions within the same program, work location and job classification.
Competition #: 2021-176
Salary Range: $21.26 – $24.22 (under review)
Closing Date: October 1, 2021
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Director, Northern Area
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
Eaglewood Addictions Centre
90 Princeton Drive
Thompson, MB, R8N 0L3
Fax: (204) 677-7328
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE