Full-Time Permanent Position
Eaglewood Addictions Centre, Thompson,MB
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM) is a Crown Agency that contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviors.
Reporting to the Director, Northern Region, the qualified candidate performs work of a semi-skilled trades nature, up to the level of Journey person status. Incumbents are expected to possess certification in a technical field or experience and proficiency in many related areas. The successful candidate will also perform a variety of maintenance, cleaning and custodial work.
- Performs building maintenance and minor construction not requiring Journeyperson status.
- Performs preventative maintenance construction and repair work on building structures, systems, services and components.
- Performs such cleaning functions as: dusting, vacuuming, cleaning washrooms, washing floors, walls, etc., waxing, stocking lavatory supplies, general housekeeping requirements.
- Snow clearing, collects and disposes of garbage and recycling materials, grounds keeping.
- Performs minor maintenance work and repairs such as changing light bulbs, cleaning filters and ventilation louvers, minor repairs required to maintain AFM equipment in good order.
- May oversee and assist Trades Helpers, Labourers, Operating Engineers Fifth Class and Building Service Workers.
- May take charge of maintenance for a building including the heating plant and its related servicing and maintenance.
- Oversees related work done under contract.
- Must complete all documents and reports as required.
- Ensures necessary supplies are stocked and conducts minor repairs to related AFM equipment.
- Ensures that duties are conducted to reflect good communication to staff, clients, and general public.
- May participate on committees, teams or work groups at the local, regional, provincial or national level.
- Abides by the AFM’s Code of Professional Practice and maintains professional conduct at all times.
- Responsible for fully cooperating in efforts to improve client safety and eliminating potential risks.
- Responsible for supporting and following established Workplace Safety and Health policies and procedures.
- Responsible for protecting the health and wellbeing of staff, clients, visitors and community by following established infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 education.
- Technical coursework, building technology and/or suitable combination of education and minimal three years related experience.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle daily.
- Good working knowledge of one or more trades, plant or building systems operation and maintenance, construction functions and techniques or specific knowledge and skills relative to job responsibilities.
- Ability to operate automotive equipment, machinery, hand or power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to oversee contractors.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English including written and orally, French an asset.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of mechanical maintenance.
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations.
- Painting and custodial skills a must, with strong ability to understand mechanical systems.
- Ability to foster and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communication.
This position may require the ability to work some evenings and varying hours.
It is an AFM practice to conduct criminal records and child abuse registry checks prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
Competition No.: 2018-113
Salary Range: $23.82 to $26.39 an hour plus remoteness allowance if applicable
Closing Date: December 17, 2018
APPLY IN WRITING TO:
Eaglewood Addictions Centre
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
90 Princeton Drive
Thompson, MB R8N 0L3
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba values diversity and lived experience