.2 Part Time Permanent
Hours of work: Monday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
.4 Part Time Permanent
Hours of work: Tuesday & Wednesday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
River Point Centre
146 Magnus Ave.
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM) is a Crown Agency that contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviors.
Reporting to the Director, River Point Centre and working within an integrated multi-disciplinary team, Nurse Practitioners provide services to adult clients engaged in addiction treatment. This position requires a commitment to a client-centred philosophy and approach to the development, provision and support of AFM programs and services.
The Nurse Practitioner will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client-centred care and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to balance the needs of clients, other staff persons and those of the organization.
- Recognizes the importance of regular individual and team supervision meetings.
- Demonstrates active listening abilities
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent “One AFM” approach.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to manage one’s own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
- Assesses intensive program clients’ medical and mental health needs.
- Oversees and supports the implementation of planned medical care of clients including all aspects of nursing procedures and therapies.
- Responds to medical emergencies.
- Based on individual health assessment needs on admission to residential program, prescribes medication and over the counter medication and adjusts prescription orders as appropriate
- Maintains medical portions of client files.
- Networks and liaises with the medical community regarding clients pre-treatment, treatment and post treatment medical and mental health needs.
- Responds to crisis situations including suicide calls.
- Meets administrative requirements with respect to correspondence, statistics, activity reports, attendance.
- May participate on committees, teams or working groups at the local, regional, provincial or national level.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
Registered and licensed to practice in Manitoba as a Registered Nurse Extended Practice (RNEP). A minimum of one year experience as a Nurse Practitioner; proven knowledge of current theory and practise; possess a valid C.P.R. certificate; excellent English oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills contributing to a positive multidisciplinary team environment are essential. Knowledge of the addictions field and experience in mental health is considered an asset. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. French would be considered an asset.
The Competencies for the Nurse Practitioner opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Centred Change
- Continuous Learning
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Interpersonal Rapport
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Understanding Mental Health Issues, Substance Use, Abuse and Dependency
It is an AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct a child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates
Please indicate which position you are applying for by referring to the competition number or indicating ‘casual’.
2017-086 (.2 P/T Permanent NP)
2017- 088 (.4 P/T Permanent NP)
Salary Range: $46.21 – $55.86 per hour
Close Date: November 20, 2017
APPLY IN WRITING TO:
River Point Centre
146 Magnus Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R2W 2B4
Fax: (204) 582-2062
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba values diversity and lived experience