Office Assistant 2
.5 Part-Time Permanent
Out of Scope Position
1031 Portage Avenue – Winnipeg
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM) is a Crown Agency that contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Office, the Office Assistant is responsible for the provision of administrative support primarily for our policy, privacy, accreditation, and risk management areas. The Office Assistant is expected to handle a variety of work assignments in a professional and efficient manner in these departments as well as act as ‘back up’ for Executive Administration staff supporting the CEO’s office when deemed necessary. The ability to work flexible hours is an asset.
The Office Assistant will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly
- Ability to provide a welcoming, safe and supportive atmosphere to all individuals inquiring about our services.
- Effective active listening and communication
- Ability to take initiative in handling routine matters and inquiries, demonstrating common sense and use of past experience to develop potential solutions, understanding when to seek
- Ensures that the privacy and confidentiality of staff, client, organizational information and relationships are
- Is coachable and adaptable – adjusts priorities and work goals as necessary while maintaining a calm demeanor when working under changing or unclear
- Is able to balance multiple duties and tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Is technologically savvy/knowledgeable/comfortable.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent “One AFM”
- Strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and
- Provide administrative support as assigned in a professional
- Prepare, format, proofread and edit documents to ensure accuracy (e.g. policies and procedures), spreadsheets, flow charts, forms, and
- Provide reception coverage services which could include greeting clients/staff/general
- Maintain, populate, and adapt filing systems, databases, and other record management systems.
- Regular office procedures including photocopying, scanning, faxing, answering information requests, scheduling meetings and sorting mail.
- Assist with the Accreditation process including coordinating visits of onsite surveyors.
- Maintain a database of occurrence reports using Excel or similar program.
- Participate as requested, on committees, team or work groups at local or provincial
- Take minutes/notes on committees or at
- Follow all AFM policies and procedures, abide by the AFM’s Code of Conduct and maintain professional conduct at all
- Participate in special projects as assigned (e.g. this could include special events organization, compiling information for monthly or annual reports, )
- Ensures that duties are conducted to reflect good communication to staff, clients and the general
- May code and sort invoices and prepare accounts payable
- Ability to balance and prioritize requests between departments.
- Provide back-up support for out of office coverage to Executive Administration staff servicing CEO’s office including providing support to Board of Governors as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of a recognized business or community college course in office administration and three (3) years’ experience and/or a suitable combination of education and experience; Experience with policy development and front line reception are desired. Ability to handle a varied workload in an organized and efficient manner. Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to prepare written information for reports and projects. Ability to work in a team environment and to work independently with general direction. Ability to handle reception duties and to deal effectively with staff, clients and the general public. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with a strong focus on formatting and spreadsheets. Ability to handle confidential material. Demonstrated understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations. Knowledge of addictions and mental health an asset. Fluency in French verbal and written an asset.
The Competencies for the Office Assistant opportunity are:
- Effective communication
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking and Decision
- Client Service Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster collaboration and partnership
- Planning and Organizing
It is AFM practice to conduct a criminal and child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates
Salary Range: $39,283 – $45,108 per annum ($20.77 – $23.85 per hour)
Closing Date: August 21, 2017
Apply in writing to:
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
3-1031 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8
Fax: (204) 944-7082
Email (include competition number on subject line): email@example.com
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE