Full Time Permanent Position
Primarily Weekdays 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
With a Rotation of 2 Weekend Days Per Month
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
510 Frederick St. Brandon MB R7A 6Z4
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the Director, the Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing administrative and, as required, clinical supervision of the residential program at the AFM Parkwood facility in Brandon. The supervisor will participate in, and contribute to, the development, implementation, operation and evaluation of community-based and residential treatment programs. They will use their experience and expertise to ensure that a client centered philosophy and approach is maintained, enhanced and integrated into the development, provision and support of AFM programs and services. The Supervisor will focus on identifying staff training and development needs and program resources to ensure a high functioning, effective and professional team within a client centred culture.
The supervisor will work as a member of the Parkwood leadership team and will demonstrate the following:
- Be a positive mentor and a good communicator who is interested in and respectful of others’ points of view.
- Ability to act decisively.
- Ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a manner that is collaborative and team building in orientation, and firm and fair in direction and follow through.
- Values a team based environment and can act as a guide and coach, motivating and empowering others to work collaboratively to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client centered care and is available, approachable and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Models adaptability and is change resilient.
- Is a successful problem solver and is able to balance his/her needs with the needs of clients, employees and those of the organization, prioritizing as required.
- Is firm and clear in staff direction and follow-up.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent AFM approach.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Displays active listening abilities, is coachable and an effective decision-maker ensuring that goals are met.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill related to performance management and change management theories and models.
- Provides clinical and program guidance, coaching, direction and decision making.
- Participates and contributes to the coordination and evaluation of program Participates in and contributes to the development of new programming in alignment with evidence informed practices in the addictions field and AFM standards, and ensures its implementation.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge related to Motivational Interviewing techniques and coaching.
- Participates in the development and implementation of annual strategic plans for all programs and assures that programs are in alignment with the overall agency strategic plan.
- Participates in the annual budget and quarterly estimate process and manages costs within allocated budgets.
- Ensures the effective management of administrative functions including complete and accurate records.
- Develops and fosters partnerships with community partners to create service integrations and streamline referrals for service users.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
- Fluency in French, written and verbal, will be considered an asset.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred (e.g. Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Science) and a minimum of five years supervised counselling experience, and a minimum of two years directly related supervisory experience and/or a suitable combination of related education and experience will be considered. Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to performance management theories and models. Accuracy and proficiency in administrative duties is required. Proficiency in individual and group education and counselling theories and practice, as well as knowledge of best practices in adult addictions treatment, is an expectation. Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, interpersonal relations as well as planning and organization. Demonstrated ability to foster and work in a team environment and provide leadership to create a respectful working environment is essential. Effective communication and problem solving skills are required. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. A valid MB driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
The Competencies for the Rehabilitation Counsellor opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Service Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Developing Others
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Interpersonal Rapport/Savvy
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Understanding Substance Use, Abuse and Dependency
It is AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct and child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
Competition No: 2019-144 Repost
Salary Range: $32.21 – $44.63 per hour (under review)
Closing Date: February 2, 2020
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Director, Brandon & Surrounding Area
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
510 Frederick Street
Brandon, MB R7A 6Z4
Fax: (204) 729-3844
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE