Full-time Permanent Position
Monday-Friday (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
WILLARD MONSON HOUSE
540 Central Ave, Ste. Rose du Lac
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the Supervisor and working within an integrated multi-disciplinary team, nurses are required to provide services to adult clients engaged in addiction treatment. This position requires a commitment to a client-centred philosophy and approach to the development, provision and support of AFM programs and services.
The Nurse will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client-centred care and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to balance the needs of clients, other staff persons and those of the organization.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for ongoing professional development activities, and engages in reciprocal learning experiences with colleagues and supervisors.
- Recognizes the importance of regular individual and team supervision meetings.
- Demonstrates active listening abilities, is coachable and responds positively to supervision.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent AFM approach.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to manage one’s own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
- Assessment of clients medical needs upon intake.
- Implements the planned medical care of clients including all aspects of nursing procedures and therapies.
- Responds to medical emergencies.
- Ordering, preparing and monitoring the use of prescribed and over the counter medications.
- Maintains medical portions of client files.
- Networking and liaising with the medical community regarding clients pre-treatment, treatment and post treatment medical needs.
- Develop and deliver health related education programs.
- Individual and group counselling.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel to medical processes.
- Responds to crisis situations including suicide calls.
- Meets administrative requirements with respect to correspondence, statistics, activity reports, attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Registered and licensed to practice in Manitoba with a Bachelor of Nursing (BN), Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). A minimum of one year experience with individual and group counselling; minimum one year nursing experience; proven knowledge of current nursing theory and practice; possess a valid CPR certificate; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills contributing to a positive multidisciplinary team environment are essential. Knowledge of the addictions field and experience in mental health is considered an asset. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French will be considered an asset.
The Competencies for the Nurse opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Centred Change
- Continuous Learning
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Interpersonal Rapport
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Understanding Mental Health Issues, Substance Use, Abuse and Dependency
It is an AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct a child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates
Competition No.: 2019 – 141 Repost
Salary Range: $34.86 – 41.07 per hour (under review)
Closing Date: February 2, 2020
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Director, Brandon & Surrounding Area
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
510 Frederick Street
Brandon, MB R7A 6Z4
Fax: (204) 729-3844
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba values diversity and lived experience