Shared Health/Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
Full Time Permanent
Requisition ID: 187221
Position Number: 20040843
Posting End Date: January 18, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Facilities Management – Corp
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: 01/25/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends. On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of the Shared Health Director of Security Services, providing service to AFM through the COO of AFM, and in alignment with the Shared Health Provincial Healthcare Security program, this position supports AFM’s unique security program across all sites. The prime role is developing and maintaining an overarching security program for AFM, focusing on ensuring safe working and client conditions, supportive education and training for staff, modernization of policies/procedures and unit protocols, application and use of security technology (cameras, card access and distress alarms) and implementing a data driven system for tracking incidents.
A primary function of this position will be to provide AFM staff their initial and ongoing staff orientation and training in order to support the safe environment for themselves and AFM clients. Investigating incidents and supporting staff post incidents within AFM will lead to creating a data informed program including adjusting policy, training, orientation and supporting security systems.
This position supports each AFM site regarding the physical security aspects including, card and key access, security camera systems and duress alarms. Develops a long-term plan for enhancement of these systems via Safety and Security capital and ongoing management through working with Shared Health resources as well as existing consultant relationships.
As a part of the Shared Health Facility Management Security team this individual is supported by the management, investigations, staff development and equipment technology resources of the team. The specific skills of this position will support AFM and Shared Health particularly in the expertise of a developed security awareness and training program which focuses on prevention and crisis response for addictions and the co-morbidity of mental health.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years security and safety experience in healthcare, social services or mental health and addictions environment.
- Demonstrated skills and training experience in non-violent crisis intervention, violence prevention planning, incident de-escalation techniques, and other healthcare security related training.
- Experience in providing site security service coordination, department strategic and operational leadership planning and leading junior supervisory/management staff.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in administration, Criminology or other relevant discipline preferred.
- Must be eligible for Security Guard license through the Provincial Justice Department.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have documented exemplary communication and training skills, technical building system and data analysis skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to coach and instruct frontline staff in achieving a team approach towards a cooperative and supportive safe and secure environment.
- Must have or be able to acquire within a reasonable period of time a thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions and regulations applicable to the area of supervision.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office applications, analog/digital/IP camera operations and incident data collection program functions.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should visit the Shared Health WRHA website and select the “Apply” icon to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification. https://careers.wrha.mb.ca/job/Winnipeg-Security-Coordinator-Addictions-Foundation-Manitoba-MB/543927117/
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.