Full Time Permanent Position
Monday– Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
1041 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Decision Support, Education and Staff Development, the Records Processing Clerk is responsible for maintaining accurate and current information pertaining to client records: files, program admissions, transfer and closures, using both manual and computerized database systems. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing and verifying the accuracy of statistical data/month end reporting requirements, acts as a central coordination point pertaining to requests for client information and for preparing central records data for archival storage and/or destruction. The Records Processing Clerk may be required to orient other office staff and serve as ‘back up’ coverage for the other Records Processing Clerk.
The incumbent will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Ability to provide a welcoming, safe and supportive atmosphere to all individuals inquiring about our services.
- Understands and demonstrates a client centered approach.
- Demonstrates effective active listening and communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative in handling routine matters and inquiries, demonstrating commonsense and use of past experience to develop potential solutions, understanding when to seek direction.
- Ensures that the privacy and confidentiality of staff and client information and relationships are maintained.
- Is coachable and adaptable- adjusts priorities and work goals as necessary while, maintaining a calm demeanor, when working under changing or unclear conditions.
- Is able to manage multiple duties and tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent AFM approach.
- Maintaining client records paper filing system in accordance with the retention and destruction policy and process including the retrieval and processing for off-site storage – delivery and retrieval of records to and from program areas at AFM sites when required for care.
- Accurate database input for opening, updating, transferring and closing client files.
- Scanning Management Information Systems forms.
- Reviews the client record to identify any incomplete information and updates accordingly.
- Ensures that all late information is processed and placed into the client record in a timely manner.
- File tracking and tracing.
- Rearranging file rooms to hold active files and allow space for future files.
- Coordinating storage, retention and disposal of files with Manitoba Archives following standardized procedures.
- Maintaining security and storage of files in records department.
- Releasing personal health information in accordance with the Personal Health information Act.
- Tracking all ON referrals and ensure invoices are sent to finance for payment.
- Assisting clients to access their files (through counsellors).
- Assisting counsellors/other staff with file questions, concerns, form completion.
- Answering external information requests – Residential School, Law Firms i.e. Court Subpoenas.
- Photocopying, faxing, mailing file information by request.
- Locating information from files and preparing files for court appearances.
- Preparing monthly database, Ontario referral statistical reports and other reporting as requested.
- Attending records team and departmental meetings.
- Ordering office and file supplies.
- May participate on committees and special projects as requested by the Director.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
QUALIFICATIONS: Grade 12 or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited Health Information Technology Program required and minimum 3 years’ experience using electronic/paper and terminal digit filing systems handling and releasing confidential client information from health records and/or a suitable combination of education and experience will be considered. Certification with Canadian Health Information Management Association preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of computerized client/patient data systems. Accurate and proficient keyboarding skills. Intermediate Microsoft applications, proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel. Must possess a sound understanding of PHIA and FIPPA and the principals of confidentiality and release of health information with the ability to interpret same to administration, clients, lawyers, police, and the public in accordance with AFM policy and legislation. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Good problem solving, attention to detail and listening skills. Strong customer service focus. Ability to foster and work within a team environment. Understanding of and sensitivity to working with culturally diverse population. Knowledge of the addictions field would be considered an asset. Fluency in English (French verbal and written an asset).
The Competencies for the Records Processing Clerk opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Interpersonal Rapport/Savvy
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
It is AFM practice to conduct a criminal and child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the Appointment of successful candidates.
Salary Range: $21.19 – $24.33 per hour (under review)
Closing Date: April 11, 2021
Apply in writing with cover letter and resume to:
Director, Decision Support, Education and Staff Development
2-1031 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8
Fax: (204) 779-9165
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE