Full-Time Permanent Position
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
1031 Portage Avenue
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the Director, Decision Support, Education and Staff Development (DSESD), the incumbent is responsible for supporting the strategic direction and implementation of Mental Health & Addictions initiatives of the organization that align with the VIRGO and PEACHY reports to improve access, coordination and service delivery of services for individuals with substance use and mental health challenges. The Project Initiatives Lead will also be responsible for coordinating Prevention Education community service requests from various agencies and Service Delivery Organizations. This position ensures the goals, objectives and deliverables of assigned implementation initiatives are met within established deadlines, act as a point person/liaison for the projects assigned and collaborate internally and externally on projects with various stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the needs of stakeholders are being met.
The incumbent will demonstrate the following:
- Integrity and judgement, tact and decision-making ability within a professional environment.
- Ability to think creatively while accounting for multiple perspectives in any given scenario.
- Ability to use an analytical and inquiring approach to problem-solving, including conflict management.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Well-developed project coordination skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple/conflicting proprieties in a professional manner.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize as well as be adaptable to changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality guidelines of all records, materials, and communications.
- Ability to effectively manage assigned projects through project management software and other tools.
- Ability to Interact with management and cross-functional teams to develop, implement and provide regular updates for activities and initiatives involved in the project plan.
- Works with staff to support activities and projects of the organization. May serve as a lead or co-lead on projects.
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing.
- Prepare project schedules, flowcharts, and step-by-step action plans.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor(s).
- Determine how results will be measured and complete post-project evaluations to determine how well results were achieved.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Work collaboratively with those responsible for the change management side of projects.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on project operations.
- Conducts project related research, communicates results of research both verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Supports the procurement, direction, and evaluation of contracted services on various projects
- Research and apply for funding opportunities.
- Ensures that project management activities align with AFM strategic priorities and corporate objectives.
- May represent AFM on relevant external committees related to strategic priorities.
- Identifies trends in project management and promotes new or modified services accordingly.
- Identifies and collects performance and quality improvement data, and initiates corrective actions.
- Prepares presentations, memos, and meeting materials.
- Assist in preparing reports, media releases, communication materials, and other written documents
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree and Project Management training/certification or a combination of related education and experience will be considered. Min. three (3) years’ experience in a related field. Experience coordinating projects including planning, budgeting and tracking and developing detailed work plans, budges and schedules. Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and virtual platforms (i.e.: zoom) required. Strong written and verbal communication skills i.e. policy development, proposal writing, briefing note writing. Experience in. Research and report writing. Strong negotiation, facilitation, project management and organization skills. Demonstrated understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations. Knowledge of addictions and mental health an asset. Fluency in English (French verbal and written an asset).
The Competencies for the Project Initiatives Lead opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Centred Change
- Collaborative Network Building
- Continuous Learning
- Creativity and Innovation
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Interpersonal Rapport/Savvy
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
It is AFM practice to conduct a criminal and child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
Competition No.: 2021-033
Salary Range: $36.04 – $43.74 per hour (under review)
Closing Date: April 15, 2021
Apply in writing to:
Director, Director of Decision Support, Education and Staff Development
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
1031 Portage Avenue Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8 Fax: (204) 944-7082
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba values diversity and lived experience