Part-Time (0.4) Permanent Position
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
510 Frederick St. Brandon MB
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the Supervisor and working within an integrated multi-disciplinary team, the Residential Care Worker is required to provide services to adult clients engaged in addiction treatment. This position requires a commitment to a client-centred philosophy and approach to the development, provision and support of AFM programs and services. The Part-time (0.4) permanent position will be scheduled Saturdays and Sundays on a rotation of days, evenings and nights.
The Residential Care Worker will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client-centred care and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to balance the needs of clients, other staff persons and those of the organization.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for ongoing professional development activities and engages in reciprocal learning experiences with colleagues and supervisors.
- Recognizes the importance of regular individual and team supervision meetings.
- Demonstrates active listening abilities, is coachable and responds positively to supervision.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent AFM approach.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to manage one’s own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
- Provide support and be present where clients are.
- Respond warmly, politely and helpfully to everyone, including all visitors to the building.
- Respond appropriately to emergency crisis situations, modelling to clients how this is done in a positive way.
- Conduct facility orientations.
- Facilitate educational sessions and client house meetings.
- Ability to work in an environment where traditional practices, such as smudging occur.
- Perform light housekeeping/maintenance.
- Building security duties.
- Coordinate and distribute client and program supplies.
- Copy program materials.
- Respond to telephone calls.
- Document according to role requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications: Grade 12 education. Suitable combination of education and experience working in an in-house facility, addictions related employment experience and/or volunteer work will be considered; possess a valid CPR-C with AED training and First Aid certificate; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills contributing to a positive multidisciplinary team environment are essential. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French will be considered an asset.
The Competencies for the Residential Care Worker opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Centred Change
- Continuous Learning
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Interpersonal Rapport
- Crisis Intervention
- Understanding Mental Health Issues, Substance Use, Abuse and Dependency
It is an AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct a child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
From this competition a 6 month eligibility list will be established for term & casual positions within the same program, work location and job classification.
Competition No.: 2021-052
Salary Range: $17.22-$21.55 per hour (under review)
Closing Date: April 11, 2021
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
510 Frederick Street
Brandon MB R7A 6Z4
Fax: (204) 729-3844
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba values diversity and lived experience