Full Time Permanent Position
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with the following variations:
One evening per week (1pm to 9pm)
One Saturday per month and one Sunday per month
(with some additional variations to meet program needs in a 24/7 facility)
1041 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg Manitoba
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to the Director, the supervisor is responsible for the ongoing administration and, as required, the clinical and operational supervision of designated staff at the Women’s in- house program. As a member of the Women’s Services Leadership Team, the supervisor will participate in, and contribute to, the development, implementation, operation and evaluation of all programs. They will use their experience and expertise to ensure that a client centered philosophy and approach is maintained, enhanced and integrated into the development, provision and support of AFM programs and services. The supervisor will manage a team of staff including a focus on identifying coaching, training needs, and development to ensure a high functioning, effective and professional team within a client centred culture.
The supervisor will work as a member of the Women’s leadership team and will demonstrate the following:
- Be a positive mentor and a good communicator who is interested in and respectful of others’ points of view.
- Ability to act decisively.
- Ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with staff in a manner that is collaborative and team building in orientation, and firm and fair in direction and follow through.
- Values a team based environment and can act as a guide and coach, motivating and empowering others to work collaboratively to meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm for client centered care and is available, approachable and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Models adaptability and is change resilient.
- Is a successful problem solver and is able to balance his/her needs with the needs of clients, employees and those of the organization, prioritizing as required.
- Is firm and clear in staff direction and follow-up.
- Works collaboratively in the context of a provincial organization, with numerous colleagues, to ensure a consistent AFM approach.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Displays active listening abilities, is coachable and an effective decision-maker ensuring that goals are met.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill related to performance management and change management theories and models.
- Provides clinical and program guidance, coaching, direction and decision making.
- Participates and contributes to the coordination and evaluation of program services. Participates in and contributes to the development of new programming in alignment with evidence informed practices in
- the addictions field and AFM standards and ensures its implementation.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge related to Motivational Interviewing techniques and coaching.
- Participates in the development and implementation of annual strategic plans for all programs and assures that programs are in alignment with the overall agency strategic plan.
- Participates in the annual budget and quarterly estimate process and manages costs within allocated budgets.
- Ensures the effective management of administrative functions including complete and accurate records.
- Develops and fosters partnerships with community partners to create service integrations and streamline referrals for service users.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred (e.g. Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Science) and a minimum of five years supervised counselling experience, and a minimum of two years directly related supervisory experience and/or a suitable combination of related education and experience will be considered. Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to performance management theories and models. Accuracy and proficiency in administrative duties is required. Proficiency in individual and group education and counselling theories and practice, as well as knowledge of best practices in adult addictions treatment, is an expectation. Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, interpersonal relations as well as planning and organization. Demonstrated ability to foster and work in a team environment and provide leadership to create a respectful working environment is essential. Effective communication and problem solving skills are required. Fluency in French, written and verbal, will be considered an asset. An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. A valid MB driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
The Competencies for the Supervisor opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Service Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Developing Others
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Interpersonal Rapport/Savvy
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Understanding Substance Use, Abuse and Dependency
It is AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct and child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
Competition No: 2021-078
Salary Range: $32.21 – $44.63 per hour (under review)
Closing Date: May 17, 2021
Apply with cover letter and resume to:
Director, Eastern and Central Manitoba Program
and Women’s Services
1041 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8
Fax: (204) 779-2324
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE