Permanent Full Time Position
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
1031 Portage Avenue
This is an exciting time for Manitoba health care. Manitoba’s health system is currently in transition with planning and changes aimed at improving the quality, accessibility and efficiency of health care services throughout Manitoba. AFM contributes to the health and resilience of Manitobans across the province by providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviours. If you would like to be part of a foundation of excellence in addictions services and support and build a new vision of integrated health services in Manitoba, consider a career with us.
Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer or designate, the Policy , Privacy and Risk Management Coordinator, in alignment with and a champion of health care transformation, serves as an advisor on policy, risk management and legislative matters to senior management, the Board of Governors, clients and staff across the province and works in collaboration with Shared Health The position requires experience that demonstrates leadership and expertise and promotes a transfer of knowledge across the organization. This position is instrumental in the development, implementation and maintenance of corporate accountability and reporting systems at AFM. The Policy, Privacy and Risk Management Coordinator has secondary responsibility to lead the accreditation process. The Policy, Privacy and Risk Management Coordinator is a member of the AFM’s Provincial Leadership Team (PLT).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates legislative compliance in the area of access and privacy under PHIA and FIPPA.
- Responsibility for advice and recommendations regarding the processing of information access requests and privacy concerns.
- Responds to management, staff and client inquiries regarding privacy related matters, including providing advice and recommendations for the processing of information access requests and privacy requests.
- Conducts investigations into privacy or access complaints formally filed internally and/or with the Manitoba Ombudsman and/or the Human Rights Commission.
- Leads the development and maintenance of privacy and access related policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the organization maintains a comprehensive framework for policy and procedure development and maintenance and provides oversight and subject matter expertise to department leads on process. The position facilitates and advises on the integration of clinical, legal, ethical, organizational and systemic considerations into policy development at all levels of the organization.
- Provides leadership, training, and coordination support to policy owners and policy supports (e.g. HR, Finance, IT, etc.), helping to ensure policy development, roll-out, and implementation adheres to AFM’s Policy Framework and Policy Development Guidelines.
- Works with policy owners and admin support to ensure policy indexes are maintained and updated.
- Develops and provides, or provides leadership and direction in the development and provision of training to staff on policies and procedures. Circulates relevant information about trainings offered by central resources such as the Policy and Privacy Secretariat or the Ombudsman’s office.
- Provide coordinated reports to Provincial Leadership Team /CEO or designate on policy development progress or challenges.
- Support the CEO’s office and the Board’s Policy Development Committee in the creation of board policies based on best practices.
- Maintain and monitor the Occurrence Reporting System and client relations process and review trends.
- Introduce risk management components into existing operational and planning processes.
- Responsible for all planning and development related to accreditation and in consultation with CEO or designate, set and meet readiness targets for accreditation.
- Master’s degree in health care or social sciences.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the government and/or social services sector.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Additional education in the area of Risk Management and experience with an Accreditation process in health care or social services will be considered an asset
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation including PHIA, FIPPA, PCISA etc
- Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations and project plans that secure the continuing safe and compliant operation of the organization.
- Ability to lead and inspire others and foster collaboration in order to achieve goals and solve problems
- Ability to promote a transfer of knowledge across an organization.
- Experience researching and interpreting policies, by-laws, regulations and legislation.
- Adept at dealing with the public and with government departments and agencies.
- Strong administration skills with the ability to facilitate a collaborative approach to client service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and highly confidential information or investigative matters Knowledge of and commitment to evidence-based practices in the field of addictions and mental health;
- Exceptional communications, interpersonal, leadership, facilitation, negotiation and consultation skills; and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills, to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving qualities
- Calm, decisive and collaborative individual who is analytical, adaptable, innovative, ethical and responsive to diversity and culturally accepting and aware.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential.
- Knowledge of the addictions field is an asset.
- Fluency in English (French verbal and written an asset).
The Competencies for the Policy, Privacy and Risk Management Coordinator opportunity are:
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Client Centred Change
- Collaboration and Network Building
- Continuous Learning
- Creativity and Innovation
- Developing Others
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Interpersonal Rapport/Savvy
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
It is AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct and child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
Competition Number: 2021-032
Salary Range: out of scope – salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Closing Date: May 5, 2021
Apply in writing with cover letter and resume to:
Office of the Chief Operations Officer
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
3-1031 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0R8
Fax: (204) 944-7082
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE