Full Time Indefinite Term Position
Monday – Friday, 4 PM – 12 Midnight
(Immediate – Indefinite)
ADDICTIONS FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA
RIVER POINT CENTRE
146 Magnus Avenue, Winnipeg
The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM) is a Crown Agency that is committed to being a foundation of excellence in providing addictions services and supporting healthy behaviors. AFM employs over 400 staff and provides a wide range of addictions services to Manitobans through 28 locations across the province.
Reporting to the Adult Services Leadership Team, Residential Care Workers provide client and facility support. These positions require a commitment to a client centred philosophy and approach to the development and support of AFM programs and client services.
The Residential Care Worker will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for client-centred care and demonstrates empathy and compassion.
- Exhibit the ability to respond to client requests in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to consider the needs of clients, other staff persons and the organization when making decisions within the role.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for ongoing professional development activities, and engages in reciprocal learning experiences with colleagues and supervisors.
- Recognize the importance of regular individual and team supervision meetings.
- Demonstrate active listening abilities, is coachable and responds positively to supervision.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to manage own emotions and strong feelings; maintain a calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances; think clearly and stay focused under pressure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and be present where clients are.
- Respond warmly, politely and helpfully to everyone, including all visitors to the building.
- Respond appropriately to emergency crisis situations, modelling to clients how this is done in a positive way.
- Conduct facility orientations.
- Facilitation of educational sessions and client house meetings.
- Performing light housekeeping/maintenance.
- Building security duties.
- Coordination and distribution of client and program supplies.
- Copying program materials.
- Responding to telephone calls.
- Documentation according to role requirements.
- Grade 12 education.
- Suitable combination of education and experience working in a residential facility, addictions related employment experience and/or volunteer work.
- Experience working from a client centred perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a positive team environment.
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential.
- The ability to operate Microsoft software applications, internet and email communications.
- Valid CPR-C with AED training and First Aid certification are required prior to beginning work.
- Knowledge of the addictions field is required.
- Fluency in English (the ability to communicate in aboriginal languages, including Ojibwe and Cree, as well as French is considered an asset).
The Competencies for the Residential Care Worker opportunity are:
- Client Centred Service
- Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness
- Effective Communication
- Ethical Conduct and Professionalism
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Crisis Intervention
- Understanding Substance Use, Abuse and Dependency
It is AFM practice to request a criminal record check and conduct a child abuse registry check prior to finalizing the appointment of successful candidates.
From this competition a 6 month eligibility list will be established for term & casual positions within the same program, work location and job classification.
Competition No: 2019-020 – Full Time Indefinite Term RCW
Salary Range: $17.22 – $21.55/hr.
Closing Date: February 25, 2019
Apply in writing to:
River Point Centre
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
146 Magnus Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R2W 2B4
Fax: (204) 582-2062
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AFM VALUES DIVERSITY AND LIVED EXPERIENCE