amily Violence and Addiction provides an overview of addiction problems and family violence, their coexistence and the implications for identification and referral.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- Socio-environmental contexts which may make individuals and families vulnerable to experiencing addiction and family violence
- Interrelationship between addictions and violence
- Cycle of Violence and Stages of Change Model
- How the individual and family are affected by addictions and violence
- Issues in identification, referral and treatment
Fundamentals of Addictions
March 6, 7, 2018