This course provides gambling awareness information to people who have participated in the Voluntary Self-Exclusion (VSE) program at casinos in Manitoba, PlayNow.com, or at the Cityplace Gaming Centre.
Individuals who have participated in the VSE program at casinos in Manitoba, PlayNow.com, or at the Cityplace Gaming Centre and wish to re-enter.
This course will assist participants to:
- Understand how gambling works (i.e. basic principles of legalized gambling)
- Identify myths and erroneous beliefs that can foster high risk gambling.
- Appreciate the difference between low risk and high risk gambling practices.
- Review the past and present motivations, as well as entering the VSE program
- Review intentions and decisions about wanting to return to gambling
- Develop a personal plan of action that could include one of the following options:
- Continue to abstain from gambling
- Maintain the current self-exclusion agreement
- Re-enter the casino/gaming centre or online gambling
- Re-enter the casino/gaming centre for entertainment/dinning only
- Be aware of the information and help resources available in Manitoba for people experiencing problems with their gambling
- Date: September 1, 2022
- Time: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- AFM main office, 1031 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB – 2nd floor, Training Room#1
- Please bring ID (and reading glasses if needed)
- Parking on streets only, participants advised to arrive early to find suitable parking
- Late comers will be rescheduled
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the course. Further information will be provided upon registration.
- If you have any questions about the course call 204-944-6260.
- Please note that language support will be provided upon request.
- Space is limited, register as soon as possible if interested.
- This course is also available on-line. Participants need to go to the Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries website under the tab Playing Responsibility, then Voluntary Self-Exclusion (www.manitobalotteries.com/gaming/vse)