This course provides participants with an overview of the concepts and principles of the Recovery-Oriented System of Care (ROSC). Participants will gain knowledge and learn skills to assist individuals in planning, implementing and monitoring their recovery plans.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and is appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the principles of a recovery-oriented system of care.
- Describe the concept of recovery capital.
- List the components and describe the benefits of a person-centered approach.
- Discuss the supports and barriers an individual may encounter.
- Learn about the various paths of recovery an individual might take.
- Describe how to assist individuals in planning for long-term recovery.
Fundamentals of Addictions
March 4, 5, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Registration closes February 26th 2021 4 p.m.)