This course provides participants with an overview of the concepts and principles of the Recovery-Oriented System of Care (ROSC). Participants will gain knowledge and learn skills to assist individuals in planning, implementing and monitoring their recovery plans.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and is appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- The principles of recovery
- The Recovery Management model
- Elements of continuing recovery
- Person-centred screening and assessment
- Application of the Levels of Involvement and Stages of Change to Recovery Management
- Recovery Planning
Fundamentals of Addictions
May 13, 14, 20, 21, 2020 (evening course)