This course provides participants with an overview of the concepts and principles of the Recovery-Oriented System of Care (ROSC).
Participants will gain knowledge and learn skills to assist individuals in planning, implementing and monitoring their recovery plans.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and is appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the principles of a recovery-oriented system of care.
- Describe the concept of recovery capital.
- List the components and describe the benefits of a person-centered approach.
- Discuss the supports and barriers an individual may encounter.
- Learn about the various paths of recovery an individual might take.
- Describe how to assist individuals in planning for long-term recovery.
Fundamentals of Addictions
November 23 & 24 2022 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Registration closes November 18 2022.