This course provides participants with an understanding of the issues pertaining to youth substance use, gambling and best practices when working with youth around prevention and early intervention.
Due to the evolving nature of COVID-19 and in keeping with social distancing strategies outlined to Manitobans by public health officials, we will be cancelling Youth Substance Use and Gambling on March 18, 19, 2020.
An update with new course dates to come. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- Prevalence and current trends
- Adolescent development
- Risk factors and protective factors
- Prevention and early intervention
- Collaborating with other systems
- Issues, challenges, and special considerations
- Identifying and responding effectively to concerns
Fundamentals of Addictions