This course provides participants with an understanding of the issues pertaining to youth substance use, gambling and best practices when working with youth around prevention and early intervention.
This course is eligible for U of M ACCP specialization in Addiction Studies and appropriate for post-secondary students and helping professionals.
This course will include information on:
- Prevalence and current trends
- Adolescent development
- Risk factors and protective factors
- Prevention and early intervention
- Collaborating with other systems
- Issues, challenges, and special considerations
- Identifying and responding effectively to concerns
Fundamentals of Addictions
December 7 & 8 2021 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Registration closes December 3 2021