Individuals who are opiate dependent are eligible for the program.
Opiate drugs include the following:
The diagnosis of opiate dependence will be based on some or all of the following:
- History of opiate use
- Use of opiates to prevent withdrawal
- Continued use of opiates despite recurrent problems
- Repeated unsuccessful attempts to stop or reduce use
- Priority of opiate use over other important life activities
- One urine drug screen positive of opiates
Previous unsuccessful attempts on methadone treatment will not exclude a client from this program.
Exclusion Criteria includes:
- Clients with psychiatric disorders that would preclude compliance with the regulations of the program
- Clients with the history of problematic behaviours such as episodes of violence directed toward other clients or staff members. Violence towards other clients “off premise” may not exclude from program
- Clients who have any medical condition that would affect informed choice or self care
- Clients must be over the age of 18