Programs & Services
Adult services are provided to adults 18 years and older who are seeking assistance either due to their own or another’s involvement with alcohol, drugs, and/or gambling.LEARN MORE
Programs & Services
Our programs are designed to help you look at your alcohol, drug or gambling involvement to see if it’s affecting your life in a negative way. You’ll have the opportunity to meet counsellors who understand youth issues and the potential effects on young people’s lives.LEARN MORE
Information for Educators
Many adolescents will experiment with alcohol, other drugs and gambling. It is not unusual for some students to share very personal experiences. Learn how to help.LEARN MORE
Given the evolving COVID-19 situation, we are taking all appropriate measures to protect you, your loved ones and our staff.
- Effective March 18, 2020, AFM community-based programming is indefinitely suspended where social distancing principles cannot be met
- In-house treatment will continue with safety considerations
- Out-patient and community-based supports and services will be provided in the following ways:
- Via telephone
- Virtual: this may include email or other forms of technology
- In person
- IDP assessments will be offered via telephone. Please call your local AFM office to connect with one of our staff members
- If you have any questions, please contact the MB Addictions Helpline at 1-855-662-6605
At the end of July 2019 AFM experienced a flood at 1031 and 1041 Portage. Due to the flood, we are estimating AFM’s return to Portage Avenue in late spring/early summer 2020. All AFM programs and services usually located at 1031 and 1041 Portage have been temporarily relocated until all repairs are complete. Please check back for up-to-date information.
AFM’s Women’s In-House Program is temporarily relocated in Teulon, MB. Please note that this site will serve as a temporary location until all repairs are complete at 1041 Portage.
Join AFM and other Manitoba Addiction Agencies in various events throughout Manitoba Substance Use and Addictions Awareness Week (M-SUAAW). There are events planned all across Manitoba.