Join AFM and other Manitoba Addiction Agencies in various events throughout Manitoba Substance Use and Addictions Awareness Week (M-SUAAW). There are events planned all across Manitoba.
A few highlights include:
- M-SUAAW Kick-Off, Monday, November 25, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Manitoba Legislative Building in the Rotunda (450 Broadway). Featuring proclamation of the week by Minister of Health, Seniors and Active Living. For more details, see this poster.
- A Health and Resource Fair, Friday, November 29, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at Thunderbird House (715 Main Street) For more details, see this poster
LUNCH AND LEARN SESSIONS:
A number of Lunch and Learn sessions are taking place in agencies across Winnipeg on November 25-28. To attend in-person or register for the webinar, please see the following poster.
Events are also planned in Brandon, Thompson, Parkland, The Pas, Flin Flon and several other communities across the province:
- Resource Fair
- School Presentations
- Various booths at high schools
- Colouring Contest: One for Pre-Kindergarten, Grade 3 and one for Grades 4-6
- Goldfish Cracker campaign
- Family Fun Skate – November 24th from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. The Flin Flon Bombers will be present at the skate
- Healthy Youth Role Model Award
- Click here for additional events
- Resource Fair
- Community Presentations
- Free Family Fun Skate
- Grade 6 jeopardy game and decoration of liquor mart bags with messages about M-SUAAW
- Information booth/resource table at the Dauphin Kings game on Friday, November 29th and at the Regional Comprehensive Secondary School on November 21
- Tent cards will be around Swan River and Dauphin at restaurants and agencies with some facts, true/false questions and multiple choice questions
- School based presentations on drug effects – partnering with the Safer Choices Northern Network (SCNN)
- NRHA tea – come and go
- Mayoral proclamation of the week
- Annual staff vs. client volleyball game
- Fast facts about substance use will be created by AFM youth team. Staff will print off fast facts and decorate their door or office of each of their locations for youth clients, collaterals and staff to view throughout the year.
- Include fast facts in school announcements and post on various school Instagram accounts and shared on school’s close circuit TV
- Impaired goggles demo, info booths at various schools and true/false quiz the opportunity win prizes
- M-SUAAW Launch and Proclamation Event will be held on Monday, November 25th from 11:30am – 1:00pm at the Legislative Building (450 Broadway) in the Rotunda.
- Health and Resource Fair will be held on Friday, November 29th from 11:00am – 2:00pm at Thunderbird House (715 Main Street). Representatives from numerous social service agencies will be at booths to meet with and provide information to the public
M-SUAAW Launch Livestream – November 25, 2019 at 11:30am